TPGA is taking a wee break as all but one of our editorial staff is traveling — with our children with autism — and that is a rather time-consuming and internet-unpredictable undertaking. We’ll resume posting essays on Wednesday, August 25th.
We’re very grateful for the fat pile of submissions both published on the site and upcoming, and encourage you to submit more, share more, build community more. The discussions in the comments have been fantastic! Our thanks to everyone who has helped our community thrive.
While we’re away, you can check out what our editors have been up to:
Liz has been doing helpful TPGA round ups:
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism: Authors June 6 to August 2: What A Lineup!
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism: June 6 to August 2: Posts By People With Autism
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism: June 6 to August 2: Autism from Diagnosis to Age 21–School and Life Issues — Tips, IEPs, and Workarounds
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism: June 6 to August 2: Attitude and Autism (Parental Edition)
Jen is currently in … Yellowstone? Read about her family’s cross-country motorhome adventures at Have Autism Will Travel. She’s also been:
- Attending the BlogHer10 Conference
- Reading her story from My Baby Rides the Short Bus at Bluestockings bookstore in Manhattan
- Winning Laptops
Shannon is about to take Leo to his first wedding in seven years. She thinks it will go well! Here’s some of her other August doings:
- News Talk 97.3 KIRO: Interviewee: Autism and iPads, with Ashley Harrell
- SF Weekly: Profile of Leo & his iPad: iHelp for Autism by Ashley Harrell
- Parenting.com: Editorial Board: Must Read Moms
- BlogHer Conference 2010: Moderator: Blogging Autism: Shattering Myths, Opening Eyes and Finding Your Tribe
- Moms With Apps: Guest Post: Characteristics of Great Apps for Kids With Autism
- BlogHer: Interviewer: Ashley Albert of The Jimmies
Science editor Emily is in the process of relocating her entire family (not a small task). Somehow, she’s still managing to keep up with her trademark intelligent, analytical blogging:
- Brain Balance Centers: A Critique
- What is a Child?
- How Do People React When They Learn Your Child Has Special Needs?
See you on the other side!