Here at TPGA, we’re featuring “Slice of Life” conversations with Autistics of all ages — kids through adults — throughout April’s Autism Acceptance Month. We’re thrilled to launch the series by talking with Aisling!
What is your name?
Do you have a website?
No, but my “MOM” does: http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/ot_9/about.aspx
What would a one-sentence description of yourself sound like?
Aisling: A “not-so-average” kid who is a remixer (Not on songs, but plays), artist, and a HUGE great actor (I think I should be in drama).
Do you have any autistic superpowers? What are they?
Unlike some autistic kids, I’m one of the lucky ones who can speak. However, I tend to have a short fuse, but I don’t show the anger that often. Often my mind is creative. I also have a great memory, so I can remember my past.
What are some situations that make you happy, or satisfied?
My BFFs. They keep me company.
My BFFs are Z–, T–, M1, and M2. (D–’s too, and she’ll be my counselor next year) We talk about our Starshine anime, and of course Nintendo stuff, which we are making a fanmade show of our favorite Nintendo Characters, we’re both good at drawing, but I say that T–’s and Z–’s are the best.
Other than that, I am a HUGE fan of one of the villains from Nintendo, who is in Kirby 64, Zero Two. I know that some of you don’t know him as much as I do. But if you can see what he is, his theme is 100% EPIC.
What are some situations that make you sad, or anxious?
Anything that could tear up my heart to bits.
- ex. Boys who rapidly sing the song Thriller, I HATE that song. It scares me.
- ex. Boys who mimic me.
- ex. I am sensitive, & I HATE it when people shout at me, even if it’s not my fault.
- ex. Being insulted.
Are there specific topics you find particularly compelling?
I LOVE talking about my upcoming series, Starshine, an anime my friend T– and I are making. Since I’m having a writer’s block, she helps me. I also like talking about Nintendo, a company that makes these AMAZING video games I love and are so fascinating.
What are your preferred ways to be social?
I somehow talk to my friends in anyway, but I rarely talk to them on the phone. It doesn’t matter if I’m facing them or not, I can still hear them. I prefer to talk to them if they are in the same room, just by not looking.
What traits do you prize in a friend, or companion?
I am quite amazed of T–’s drawings, I just thought hers were better than mine, but she compliments on my drawings, which we draw manga. I’m quite a newbie, but she’s a professional.
Are there parts of your life you wish were easier?
- Schoolwork should be way easier every time.
- I have a sidekick that’s a robot that could do all my chores.
- Anyone could keep me company in my house when I’m an adult, but just a best friend.
What’s the next big goal you have for yourself?
- They say I have to work more hard on math, because I am an EPIC FAIL at it. (At least a C’s better than nothing)
- Get everything off my wish list so I can make MOAR videos.
- Make the Starshine Anime! I’m trying to find music, because I can’t make music! (I’ll give credit to the custom music from Newgrounds.)
What does bliss feel like to you?
It feels so rare to me. But I don’t show it that often. I’d play video games all day and travel around the world. Yep, that’ll make me blissful!